Regina Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Regina, and provide you the opportunity to see how Regina residents live.
Most are members of the Saskatchewan Country Vacations Association (306 731-2646), and all are
required to be licensed by the City. Here are some of their more important standards:
- Single room minimum size is 75 sq. ft., double room at least 100 sq.ft.
- Proper beds in each guest room and clothes closet or clothes butler in each room
- $1 million public liability insurance as a B&B
- Smoke detectors located in each guest bedroom and on each floor of the home
- Bedroom windows must allow an emergency exit for guest.
- Two kilogram ABC fire extinguishers appropriately located and visible on each floor
- Individual towels available for each guest, changed and washed regularly
Bed & Breakfasts are also required by law to
have licensing and accreditation documents displayed in a common area
where all incoming guests can view them and be assured that the facilities
and it's proprietors are appropriately licensed.
This required documentation includes:
- A Province of Saskatchewan - Itinerant Use Accommodation - License: signed by a Public Health Officer
- A Province of Saskatchewan - Safe Food Handling - Certificate: igned by a Public Health Officer
- A City of Regina - Business License: up-to-date for the current year
- SCVA Accredited Members will have an Accreditation/Membership Certificate: up-to-date for the current year.