Regina Toiletries and Sun Protection
When travelling, you should always carry a minimum of toiletries and sun protection.
Here are some suggestion for personal items for summer outings and camp-out nights)
- Laundry bag
- Sleep wear
- Sanitary supplies
- Shaving articles
- Sewing kit
- Tooth brush & paste
- Towel (bath/hand)
- Wash cloth
- Wet towels
- Ultraviolet radiation of the sun will burn you faster higher elevations or in tropical, snow and water environments. Wear protective hats and other coverings when in the sun. While a natural suntan which has been obtained slowly helps protect you from sunburn, the tan you get from a bottle doesn't.
- When you buy a commercial sunscreen product look for a SPF (sun protection factor) rating on the package. The SPF is a multiple of protection you get. For example "2" you can handle double the usual exposure with out burning.
- SPF 2 to 4 = Minimal protection for people who rarely burn and tan easily and deeply.
- SPF 4 to 6 = Moderate protection for people who tan well with minimal burn.
- SPF 6 to 8 = Extra protection for people who burn moderately and an gradually.
- SPF 8 to 15 = Maximum protection from sun burning for people who always burn easily and tan minimally.
- RECOMMENDED - SPF 15 or greater = Ultra protection from sunburn, offers the most protection which permits no sun tanning for people who burn easily and never tan.